Prostate cancer treatment Cost in India
Prostate cancer occurs in a man’s prostate, it is a small walnut-sized organ present just below the bladder that produces the seminal fluid which nourishes and transports sperm. Prostate cancer is the most common type of cancer in men and the treatment cost varies with medical condition and procedure chosen.
The following treatments are used for Prostate cancer:
- العلاج الكيميائي
- Open Radical Prostatectomy
- Robotic Radical Prostatectomy
- Laser surgery
The cost of the treatment depends on the type of treatment offered and the stage of the disease and the estimated cost for prostate cancer treatment ranges between 5,200 USD to 6,500 USD.
قد تختلف تكلفة العلاج أيضًا من مستشفى إلى آخر اعتمادًا على البنية التحتية ومرافق الاختبار والجراح وما إلى ذلك. يمكن ترتيب الإقامة في الفنادق وبيوت الضيافة الواقعة بالقرب من المستشفيات وقد تختلف التكلفة من 25-100 دولار أمريكي حسب اختيارات المريض.
Best Prostate Cancer treatment Hospitals in India
Prostate cancer treatment
What is prostate cancer?
The prostate is a small walnut-shaped gland in the pelvis of men. Prostate cancer develops in a prostate gland which is located next to the bladder. Prostate cancer develops when abnormal cells in the prostate gland grow more quickly than in a normal, formal malignant tumor.
Signs and symptoms of Prostate cancer:
In many cases, prostate cancer does not show any early warning signs. You can have the disease but not known for years. It is diagnosed after treatment is sought for problems with urinary functions.
The symptoms can include:
- Frequent urination, particularly at night
- Pain or burning on urination
- Blood in the urine or semen
- A weak stream
- Pain the back or pelvis.
Causes of prostate cancer:
Some factors that can increase your risk of prostate cancer include:
Age: One of the biggest risk factors is age, as the incidence of prostate cancer steadily increases as men grow older.
- Family History: If a person has a family history of prostate cancer especially father or brother, increases the risk of developing the disease, as the mutations lead to prostate cancer is inherited.
- Diet:A diet that includes animal fats, refined sugar and not enough fruits and vegetables may also be a risk factor for prostate cancer.
- Race and ethnicity: African American has the highest incidence rate of prostate cancer. They are at higher risk of developing a disease than men of other races and ethnicities may be due to socioeconomic, environmental, diet or other factors.
Treatment Prostate cancer:
The treatment depends upon the state of the disease. The treatment includes surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy and androgen deprivation therapy (ADT).
Radiation therapy uses high-energy rays or particles to kill cancer cells:-
External beam radiation:- A machine outside the body direct radiation at the cancer cells and other affected tissue.
Internal radiation therapy (brachytherapy):- In this radioactive seeds are placed inside the body near to the cancer to destroy the cancer cells.
Chemotherapy for Prostate Cancer
يستخدم العلاج الكيميائي للمراحل المتقدمة من سرطان البروستاتا ، حيث يستخدم الأدوية لتدمير الخلايا السرطانية. يتم استخدامه عندما تنتشر الخلايا السرطانية إلى أعضاء أو أنسجة أخرى. عندما يدور الدواء في مجرى الدم ، يقتل كل من الخلايا السرطانية وغير السرطانية.
Prostate cancer cells rely on the hormone testosterone to grow. Hormone therapy block cancer cells from getting the hormones they need to grow.
This surgery involves the removal of the entire prostate gland and the affected tissues. The surgery may result in urinary disorders and erectile dysfunction.