Dr. Yasser has more than 32 years of clinical experience in Adults and Paediatric Cardiac Surgery. He obtained his Master and Medical Doctorate in General and Cardiothoracic Surgery from Cairo University, Egypt. He is a Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery at Cairo University. Head of Paediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery Unit at Cairo University Specialized Paediatrics Hospital (CUSPH) , Abu El Reesh, Egypt.
Active Member of the American Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) Active Member and reviewer of the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS). Founding Member, co-editor and reviewer at The Egyptian Society for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (since 1993). Member and reviewer at the Egyptian Heart Society.
Member of the Egyptian Universities Promotion Committee Board for Cardiothoracic Surgery in Egypt (2013 until 2019). Fellow at Emory University hospital (Adults and Paediatric Cardiac Surgery) , Atlanta, Georgia, USA, 1999. Fellow at Torino University in Cardiac Surgery (total arterial CABG, Aortic Aneurysm surgeries, Aortic and Mitral Valve surgeries), Italy,1997.
Clinical Focus and Procedures
- Adult Cardiac Surgery
- Open Heart Surgery for ischemic coronary artery diseases (CABG) ,off-pump and on-pump, arterial revascularization and minimal invasive techniques.
- Mitral and Aortic Valve surgeries including repair and replacement using biological and mechanical valves.
- Aortic surgeries for aneurysms , Bentall procedure and Ross procedure.
- Paediatric Cardiac Surgery
- Arterial Switch operation for TGA, Ross Procedure, Fontan, VSD and ASD closure.
- Fallots tetralogy repair, CAVC repair and Coarctation of the Aorta repair.
- Modified BT shunts, Glenn shunts and PDA closure.
- Thoracic Surgery
- VATS Surgeries , pleural and lung biopsy.
- Segmental resection, lobectomy and pneumonectomy.